The A-Z of Liposuction SurgeryDr. Lokesh Handa
Liposuction is the surgical removal of stubborn fat from your body. The fat that is resistant to diet and exercise is removed through liposuction surgery. It is a type of cosmetic surgery. Liposuction surgery in Delhi can target any rigid fat pockets on your body.
Liposuction can also be combined with other surgeries like facelifts, breast reduction surgery, tummy tucks, and gynecomastia. Its versatility and ability to contour patients’ bodies precisely enable enhanced results that help patients feel comfortable and beautiful in their skin.
Key Facts on Liposuction Surgery
Liposuction removes stubborn fat to enhance your body shape. However, if you don’t maintain a healthy lifestyle post-surgery, there may be a relapse in fat cell accumulation. Therefore, you should note that liposuction is never a weight loss procedure. It does not cure obesity. It only aids in the removal of fat cells. Thereby altering your body’s shape.
Other key factors to note about liposuction include:
- Liposuction is usually performed when fat persists despite diet and exercise, which varies from person to person.
- Liposuction surgery does not eliminate cellulite and stretch marks. The goal is purely aesthetic.
- There is a restriction on the amount of fat removed which is not more than 10% of your body weight in fat.
- Liposuction surgery in Delhi may be implemented to treat certain medical conditions.
- The usual sites subjected to liposuction involve the abdomen, arms, inner thighs, chin, and back of neck, shoulders, chest, and waist.
Once you understand these facts, you go into the surgery with realistic expectations. A good surgeon always strives to work with your existing body contours. This means telling you whether your desired results will look natural and aesthetic.
Types of Liposuction Surgery
The liposuction procedure is dependent on both the surgeon and your requirements. Mainly, liposuction surgery is done under general anaesthesia and may take a few to several hours. It is dependent on the amount and location of the fat that requires elimination. Depending on which type you and your surgeon choose, the liposuction surgery cost also differs.
Tumescent Liposuction is the most prevalent method. This involves making incisions on the skin, infiltrating a special tumescent solution (that liquefies fat) and then inserting the cannula which is attached to a suction device or a syringe to create a negative-pressure suction for fat removal.
Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction Surgery
This is another standard procedure in liposuction. Your surgeon administers anaesthesia and then makes the incision. They then insert a metal rod that emits ultrasonic energy beneath your skin. It will assist in collapsing the stubborn fat cells, breaking them down for easy elimination. In the last step of liposuction surgery in Delhi, the liquefied fat is suctioned out.
Laser-Assisted Liposuction Surgery
This procedure again begins with anaesthesia and an incision. Then the surgeon collapses the fat layers with a high-energy laser device. This procedure involves the laser fibre that liquefies the fat, enabling a smooth and controlled removal.
This procedure implements a power-assisted cannula inserted into the subcutaneous fat layer. The cannula moves in a to-and-fro motion swiftly. This movement mobilizes and breaks stubborn fat while ensuring a minimally invasive procedure that imparts minor trauma.
Preoperative Precautions for Liposuction Surgery
There is a preoperative phase to prepare for your surgery. Firstly, you must be healthy. You need to undergo routine investigations in hematology, and ultrasound to rule out any disease before surgery and ensure you are fit for the surgery.
- Cessation of anticoagulants, aspirin, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for at least two weeks as advised by the surgeon
- Cessation of smoking and alcohol consumption
- Discontinuation of contraceptive pills
- Administration of iron supplements for those who are anaemic
Taking these measures ensures your liposuction surgery experience is very smooth. Once you meet the pre-op requirements, you can go for your procedure.
The Procedure of Liposuction Surgery
- The procedure begins with administering anesthesia.
- Minor incisions are given on the surgical site.
- A pencil-sized tube termed a cannula is then inserted through these incisions. The cannula is moved back and forth, which collapses the fat.
- The loosened fat is then suctioned with a suction apparatus attached to the cannula. Surgeons may use ultrasound or laser liposuction for better contouring.
- Post the liposuction procedure, the incisions are closed or may be left open, as per the surgeon’s discretion.
Postoperative Care and Recovery After Liposuction Surgery in Delhi
A non negotiable and strict adherence of post-operative guidelines of your surgeon is necessary . Like any surgery, you are likely to encounter symptoms like swelling, uneasiness, numbness in the skin around the incision, pain, and furthermore. However, they regress completely during the recovery phase. Complete recovery happens within a few days. Few post-operative cares include:
- You may require an overnight or 24-hour hospital stay
- Antibiotics and painkillers to expedite the healing
- Compression garments to reduce swelling and restrict the mobility of the area that underwent the liposuction
- Rest for a few days
- Follow the mild exercise prescribed by your surgeon
These measures help speed up recovery while keeping it entirely comfortable. As long as you visit an experienced surgeon, you should avoid post-operative complications.
You are only likely to encounter risks when you get low-quality liposuction surgery in Delhi without good infrastructure. Therefore, choosing the right surgeon and center is crucial for the best outcome.
Here are a few possible risks:
- Adverse effects of anaesthesia like lidocaine toxicity, numbness, etc
- Irregularities in contour
- Bumpy or wavy skin due to inaccurate fat removal
- Seroma or fluid accumulation which requires drainage soon after
- Delayed healing
- Unaesthetic appearance
Avoiding these is very easy if you go to a surgeon with excellent facilities. While such facilities may increase how much your liposuction surgery costs, you can be rest assured that your results will remain unparalleled. You should also remember that liposuction surgery requires immense skills. Therefore, its cost depends on your surgeon, the clinic’s infrastructure, and the updated technology implemented. The accuracy and precision in treatment can override the cost of liposuction surgery.
How effective is liposuction surgery?
You should also remember that liposuction is a permanent solution to fat removal. It is reliable and safe and offers immediate results, unlike diet and exercise. The mental repercussions and boost in self-esteem from such a procedure remain priceless.
Dr. Lokesh Handa holds eminent expertise in cosmetic surgery, assuring the best treatment and precision for liposuction. With the advanced infrastructure at Med Esthetiks, Dr. Handa promises state-of-the-art liposuction surgery in Delhi with desirable, natural-looking results that complement your existing contours.